This is an easy and quick meal with huge bold flavors. It is definitely comfort food. I totally ad-libbed this recipe and it turned out incredible.
Contributor: Jeffrey Rosen
3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp minced green onions
1 tbsp of minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 red pepper flakes or to taste
1/3 cup of dry white wine
3/4 cup EVOO
6 chicken breast halves, bone in or boneless
(i also do a separate dish of thighs)
Chicken Marinade Instructions
• Whisk the basil, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, white wine and olive oil in a large blow.
• Add the chicken and marinate, refrigerate for a couple of hours.
• Once ready, remove chicken from the marinade and grill over moderately high heat until cooked through.
1 lb cherry or pearl tomatoes, halved,
1/4 cup EVOO
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Big pinch of red pepper flakes (or more)
4 large garlic cloves peeled
1/2 lb regular or whole wheat rigatoni
1/2 lb bocconcini (bite size fresh bur rata mozzarella) halved/quartered.
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
Pasta Marinade Instructions
• For the rigatoni, toss the tomatoes, olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes together in a large bowl.
• Whack the garlic with the side of a knife and toss it into the blows. Let it sit for an hour or more. More time is always better.
• Bring 6 quarts of salted water to boil for pasta….cook pasta until al dente, about 9 minutes
• REMOVE the large garlic cloves from the marinade.
• Drain the pasta, add it to the bowl with the tomatoes, toss well to mix.
• Check seasoning, adding more salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste…
• Gently stir in the burrate mozzarella and chopped basil.
• Chicken – always buy more. Personally, I like to double the recipe.
• Even if you don’t buy more chicken, you are going to want to double the pasta marinade.
• I grilled the chicken on both sides for good char and lines, then transferred them to roasting dish, roasted chicken for @ 40 minutes at 425 degrees. I use convection.
• I used all the remaining green (chicken) marinade and around 3/4 of the pasta marinade and layered it over the chicken in the roasting pans
• You need to double the pasta red sauce marinade
Respond to Grilled Chicken “Diavolo” with Caprese Rigatoni