Super yummy and satisfying — even if not gorgeous.
Contributor: Carolyn Edwards
Makes about 50 small, round cookies
5 cups ground almonds or almond meal
1 1/4 shredded unsweetened coconut
1 1/4 cups sugar
7 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon orange zest
• Preheat oven to 300.
• Use either parchment paper or silpat mats on a cookie sheet
• Mix the almond meal, sugar, and coconut and orange zest in a large bowl.
• Beat the egg whites with the salt and vanilla to soft peaks
• Fold the whites into the dry ingredients. Depending on the consistency of the almond meal, you may need to add either a little water or a little more almond meal to get to cookie batter consistency. Should be stiff enough to scoop with an ice cream scoop and hold its shape.
• Scoop the mixture on the parchment or silpat.
• Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden. Check after 20 minutes.
Pending. Until then, direct all questions to Carolyn Edwards.
Respond to Gluten Free Coconut Almond Cookies