A quick and easy dinner, packed with flavor!
Contributor: Heather Elder
Yields 4-6 servings
• Sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
• 2 cups grated carrots (about 8 ounces)
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 2 cups frozen peas
• 5 cups cooked rice
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 2 cups ground or shredded chicken, beef, or pork, chopped shrimp, or diced ham
• Coat a large pot set over medium-low heat with 1 tablespoon or sesame oil.
• Cook garlic and carrots, stirring frequently, until tender.
• Push carrot mixture to the side of the pan and add another tablespoon of sesame oil.
• Add eggs in center of oil and cook as you would scrambled eggs.
• Mix carrot mixture into eggs and stir in frozen peas, cooked rice, soy sauce, and shredded/chopped meat.
• Turn heat low and, stirring frequently, allow peas and meat to heat through before serving.
• Recipe by Samantha at fivehearthome.com