This is a healthy, delicious and ridiculously easy soup to make. I make a batch and store it in milk containers for quick, healthy lunches. I also sometimes make it with broccoli and according to Gwyneth, you can make it with any vegetable. She adds arugula to the puree process when making with broccoli but I find it makes the soup too bitter.
Contributor: Marianne Campbell
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 – 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 yellow onion
1 bunch asparagus (rough ends removed)
2 1/2 c water
1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
• Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
• Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 1 – 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
• Add the asparagus and cook for 4 minutes, or until bright green.
• Add the water, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil, lower the heat, and cover.
• Cook for 8 minutes, or until the asparagus is just tender.
• Pour the soup into a powerful blender and puree until smooth.
• Adjust the salt if necessary (I add more at this point).
• Pour into serving bowls and squeeze lemon over.
Gwyneth Paltrow’s It’s All Good
Respond to Asparagus Soup