This is so delicious it disappears before it even cools off!
Contributor: John Elder
• No need for a mixer for this recipe! Clean-up is easy too, if you want, you can mix everything in one bowl.
• The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.
• The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning.
2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup of sugar (can easily use 3/4 cup, or drop it down to 1/2 cup if you want it less sweet)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
PREP: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 1 hour
• Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
• In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth.
• Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
• Mix in the baking soda and salt.
• Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
• Mix in the flour.
• Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
• Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes (check at 50 minutes) at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
• Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
• Remove the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren’t crumbly.)