This is a super easy dish – great as a main or as a side, any combination of spring vegetables would work – and any pasta too. I just happen to be in love with The Pasta Shop’s ravioli (available at Bi-Rite and Bryan’s and I’m sure elsewhere). Would also be nice with fresh ricotta mixed in at end instead of parmesan.
Contributor: Alexandra Wells
4 people – as a side dish
1 lb snap peas, string removed and cut on diagonal into 1/2” segments
1 large handful arugula, washed
1 lb shittake mushrooms, sliced
handful of chives, chopped
1 lb pasta (I used The Pasta Shop’s Asparagus and Meyer Lemon ravioli but I have also made with their Porcini and Truffle ravioli which I actually prefer but really any pasta shape works)
zest of 1 lemon (or to taste)
1/2 c grated parmesan (or to taste)
Maldon sea salt
freshly ground pepper
• Preheat oven to 400.
• Spread mushroom slices on parchment-lined sheet pan, toss with some olive oil and sea salt and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
• Meanwhile bring large pot of salted water to boil and blanch the snap peas for 1 minute. Drain.
• Both can be prepared ahead. Just leave separate until ready to assemble.
• Prepare pasta according to pasta directions.
• Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
• In large serving bowl combine snap peas, mushrooms, arugula and toss with hot pasta.
• Add olive oil (prob 2-3 tbsp), chopped chives, lemon zest and salt and pepper.
• Add pasta liquid if it needs it, or more olive oil and toss in grated parmesan.
Alexandra created this recipe herself!