I came across this recipe years ago when I was an avid Real Simple reader. The idea behind the original recipe was that you could create one quiche with 4 different ingredients (for the varying tastes of each family member). But this recipe is so good, we end up making one whole quiche for the different tastes of each family member! It has become not only a staple in my household, but every time I make it for guests, the response is always off the charts. And it is SO EASY. Pair it with a nice mixed green salad for an easy weeknight dinner or serve it for brunch. Enjoy!
Contributor: Marianne Campbell
3 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 store-bought refrigerated pie crust (see notes below)
1 cup grated Gruyere
zucchini + shallots, asparagus, ham, tomato, olive + feta, mushroom or whatever ingredient you want to add
• Heat oven to 425.
• In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, salt and pepper.
• Prick the bottom of the pie crust several times with a fork.
• Sprinkle with the Gruyere.
• Distribute the other ingredients.
• Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
• Bake for 15 minutes.
• Reduce temperature to 350 and bake for 30 minutes more.
• Transfer to a rack to cool for 15 minutes.
• Cut into wedges and serve.
Original recipe entitled ‘Four-Meals-In-One’ Quiche taken from Real Simple Magazine.