I was so excited to discover these absolutely delicious and very simple to make paleo crackers. The possibilities are endless as to what herbs you use – today’s batch is Rosemary, Chive and Maldon Sea Salt. The ‘Treat Tray’ has been missing these crackers.
Contributor: Marianne Campbell
2 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 Tablespoons favorite herbs or spices
2 Tablespoons water
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
• Preheat oven to 350.
• Combine almond flour, salt, and herbs/spices in a medium mixing bowl.
• In a small bowl, whisk together the water, egg white, olive oil, coconut oil (melted).
• Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until stiff dough forms and all dry ingredients are wet.
• Place dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out to an even thickness of about 1/8 of an inch.
• Transfer parchment to a baking sheet pan and remove the top piece of parchment.
• Using a pizza cutter trim off uneven edges of dough, then cut the sheet of dough into cracker size pieces/squares.
• Bake for 10 minutes.
• Turn off oven and let crackers sit inside oven for an additional 10 minutes, until golden.
• Getting the dough rolled out evenly is important, otherwise some cook faster and brown quicker and it is harder to regulate.
• For today’s herb mixture, I added the rosemary and chive to the dry ingredients and sprinkled the Maldon sea salt on top once they were rolled out. This salt does not replace the 1/2 teaspoon salt in the recipe.
• Once they have cooled, the crackers easily break along the ‘score’ lines made with the pizza cutter.
Chef Mercedes Ross via Quinci Payne Kelly