If you hang with us in RI over ‘Mona you have had this bowl of deliciousness. There is never anything left over, especially if Henry Milder is visiting.
Contributor: John Elder
Serves 8-10 people
• 4-5 pints Blueberries
• 1 Cup Flour
• 1 Cup Sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• Pinch of Salt
• 1 stick butter
• 1/2 pint Heavy whipping cream
• 1.4 teaspoon Vanilla
• Maple syrup
• Rinse blueberries in a colander and place in an 8”x8” pyrex baking dish.
• In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
• Place butter on top of mixture. Using pastry knives or two regular knives chop butter into small
pieces into the flour mixture until it resembles course cornmeal.
• Gently spread mixture on top of blueberries.
• Bake at 425 degrees until top is brown, approximately 45 minutes.
• In a separate bowl, add a half pint of heavy cream, 1/4 teaspoon of
vanilla and a splash of syrup.
• Using a whisk, whip until it has the desired consistency. It’s much better to whip by hand so you can control the consistency.
• Scoop Blueberry crisp into bowl and top with whipped cream.